PLUM® WOOD AND OUR SAFETY ASSURANCE
From little acorns and tiny roots… grow super strong swing sets and big, beasty Wildebeest Playgrounds! “We are extremely proud to sustainably source each element of our products. Our commitment to be kind to the environment goes all the way back to our beginnings, 30 years ago.” The Plum® range of wooden products are sourced from sustainable forests. We carefully select our wood before it’s sent to our factories, making sure your play equipment is ethically made from the strongest, the sturdiest timber.
KIND AND FRIENDLY TO OUR ENVIRONMENT
Plum® cares about the environment and takes an ethical and responsible approach to the products it creates. Responsible production and harvesting of forested products is important us, therefore we ensure that all of our timber and timber based products are sourced from FSC® certified or sustainably managed forests. You can be assured that you are purchasing play equipment with a clear conscience when buying from Plum®.
Plum® has been a member of the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) since its inception and all of our solid timber remains FSC® certified. You will see the ‘Eco’ logo used on our indoor products, when you see this logo you can be assured that they follow eco-friendly practices and ethical, environmental manufacturing methods. Plum Products declares not to be directly or indirectly involved in the following activities:
• Illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products
• Violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations
• Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations
• Significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use
• Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations
• Violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions, as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work 1998